We all know that optimization is the key to attract and increase organic traffic in any website, it is not a question of a day or two rather perseverance for a couple of months to get any website listed on the first page of any search engine. Search Engine Optimization or SEO is one of the processes to optimize any website and get relevant organic traffic and by organic traffic we mean “free” or “natural” search results through search engines.
To start with there are two types of SEOs, they are:
- Meta Title Tag: An ideal website must contain a relevant and a good title. The title should be descriptive yet short and crisp; ideally not more than 70 characters.
- Meta Description Tag: The description tag should be able to define the page using unique and relevant keywords which will throw up in the search results; ideally not more than 200 words.
- Meta Keyword Tag: “Keyword” is the highlight of a good SEO. Choosing unique, relevant and appealing keywords can result in the success or failure of SEO leading to the success or failure of the website. Utmost care and thoughts should be put into choosing the unique keywords that define your business which should be less complicated and not very vague. Keywords can also be selected through ‘Google Keywords Tool’.
- Image Optimization: Images slowing down your website? Well, that’s bad news as far as SEO is concerned. So, to intelligently deliver lighter, faster and achieve highest quality visual, one must regulate and opt for image optimization since we all know, “a picture is worth a thousand words”.
- URL Optimization: Choosing the relevant keywords in the URL makes all the difference. There are many steps to choose a correct keyword such as it must be shorter than 2,083 characters human-readable text best defining the website without being vague or too complicated. One should keep in mind the basic protocols and guidelines defined by the search engines in writing the perfect URL.
- Content: This will define and explain the website in detail and the content should be relevant to the business stated in the website. One has to define their business in simple words, grammatically correct and crisp. Redundancy and vague descriptions snatch away the whole purpose of creating and putting up a website.
- Broken Link: The pages that are not found by the search engines should be removed completely resulting in faster and appealing website.
- Sitemap: The map of any website which is readable and comprehensive for any search engine.
Off page SEO: the external aspect of SEO:
- Link Building: To improve the positioning and score of any website, one has to go for off page SEO which includes building external link to the website, thereby increasing the traffic. There can be different ways to external linking which would prove the authenticity and relevance of the website. One has to keep in mind the ‘good links’ while link building.
- Social Media Marketing: This needs the least explanation as we all are aware of social media marketing, which is also a form of link building but on social media platforms.